1 CLUB CONSTITUTION Arcane Cycling Team
The Club will be called ARCANE CYCLING TEAM and will be affiliated to CYCLING IRELAND.
2 Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of the CYCLING club is:
- To offer coaching and competitive opportunities in CYCLING
- To promote the club within the local community and CYCLING
- To ensure a duty of care to all members of the club
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone
To ensure all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment. Membership should consist of officers and members of the club.All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of practice that the club has adopted.All Club Members will be enrolled in one of the following categories of membership with Cycling Ireland:
- • Leisure
4 Membership Fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Executive/Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).Fees will be paid on Licence renewal.
• Child Protection OfficerOfficers will be elected annually at the AGM.
The club will be managed through the Management Committee consisting of:
- CHAIR, SECRETARY, TREASURER. Only these posts will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee.
- The Management Committee will be convened by the Secretary of the club and held no less than ONE MEETING per year.
- The quorum required for business to be agreed at Management Committee meetings will be three officers
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of practice and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees as necessary and appoint advisers to the Management Committee as necessary to fulfil its business.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members whoinfringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Management Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- All club monies will be banked in an account held in the name of the Arcane Cycling T eam.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
- The financial year of the club will end on 31ST DECEMBER.
- An audited statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the AGM.
- Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signatures of the Treasurer plus oneother officers.
8 Annual General Meetings
- Notice of AGMs will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the audited accounts.
- Nominations for officers of the Management Committee will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM. All members have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 25% OF THE MEMBERSHIP.
- The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs)outside the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
9. Safeguarding Children
This sports club is fully committed to safeguarding the well being of its members. Every individual in the club/organisation should, at all times, show respect and understanding for their rights, safety and welfare, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the organisation and the guidelines provided by our governing body and contained in the Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport.
10 Equity Policy•
Arcane Cycling Team is committed to ensuring that equity is incorporated across all aspects of its development. In doing so it acknowledges and adopts the following Sport Northern Ireland definition of sports equity:“Sports equity is about fairness in sport, equality of access, recognising inequalities and taking steps to address them. It is about changing the culture and structure of sport to ensure it becomes equally accessible to everyone in society.”
- The club respects the rights, dignity and worth of every person and will treat everyone equally within the context of their sport, regardless of age, ability, gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexuality or social/economic status.
- The club is committed to everyone having the right to enjoy their sport in an environment free from threat of intimidation, harassment and abuse.
- All club members have a responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviour and promote equality of opportunity.
- The club will deal with any incidence of discriminatory behaviour seriously, according to club disciplinary procedures.
- Please refer to the club’s Equity Policy for more information.
11 Discipline and Appeals
All concerns, allegations or reports of poor practice/abuse relating to the welfare of children and young people will be recorded and responded to swiftly and appropriately in accordance with the club’s safeguarding children and young people policy and procedures. The club welfare/designated officer is the lead contact for all members in the event of any safeguarding concerns.
b) interest at a rate not exceeding 1% above the Euro Interbank Offered Rate (Euribor) per annum on money lent by an officer or other members of the Club to the Club;
d) reasonable and proper out-of-pocket expenses incurred by any officer in connection with their attendance to any matter affecting the Club;
e) fees, remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth to any Company of which an officer may be a member holding not more than one hundredth part of the issued capital of such Company;